[Rcpp-devel] How to build ONLY for the 32-bit Architecture?

Bernhard Pollner bernhard at bpollner.net
Sun May 1 22:57:23 CEST 2011

Hello,

When I was building and testing my Rcpp based package on Windows XP, everything was fine and worked, so far...

Then I moved to Windows 7 (all on a virtual PC on a recent Mac), tried to compile the package here as well. When doing the "Rcmd check Packagename", it goes pretty far, only failing at the Architecture-Checks.
It passes the i386-check, and then throws an error at the x86.

Newbie that I am, I assume that this is due to the fact that the libraries I am linking against are only for a 32 bit environment.

----> What can I do, how can I tell the "Rcmd check" and then the "Rcmd build" to only care for the i386-binaries?? (After all, under Windows XP checking and building worked flawless...)

Thanks a lot,
with kind regards, Bernhard