[Rcpp-devel] <no subject>

Thu Mar 24 17:07:21 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm (certainly) no Rcpp expert -- but have just one comment that might
help for this and other people who might find themselves in this
particular part of the situation regarding linking against an external
library (w/o pulling in all sources into your project):

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
[aggressive quote trimming]
> | source files into the src directory. I'd much rather just link to the already
> | compiled and functional library with small functions but haven't found any way
> | to do that. If you could help me with that, I would very much appreciate it. I
> | need to link to my library, I assume there might be some need for my headers,
> | and also to the headers and libraries referenced by it. If you could give me a
> | generic mechanism for doing that, I'd very much appreciate it.
>
> "We" (as in the whole R community) do that via 2900+ working packages on
> CRAN. Study those -- pick any one you like and use, and then dissect it.

In particular, the RSQLite package has provisions for you installing
it against a version of sqlite that's already installed on your system
(or you can optionally just install with the version of sqlite that
comes with the package).

Grab the sources here:

http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/RSQLite_0.9-4.tar.gz

Extract it and read through the inst/INSTALL file. Particularly at point (2).

Hope that helps (and apologies if I'm off the mark here :-),
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou