[Rcpp-devel] R Embedded in a class function

CESAR PERNALETE pernaletec at pdvsa.com
Fri Mar 18 15:49:35 CET 2011

Hi Davor.

Thanks for your response. Yes, the problem is the creation of  an embedded
R instance inside a method.
Attached there is a simplified example of the way i tried.

As a context, i'm using NOMAD
(http://www.gerad.ca/nomad/Project/Home.html), an optimization tool where
the constraints are functions created in R. These constraints must be
created in the method called eval_x.

Please help.

Davor Cubranic <cubranic at stat.ubc.ca>
17/03/2011 05:03 p.m.

Para
CESAR PERNALETE <pernaletec at pdvsa.com>
cc
rcpp-devel at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at
Asunto
Re: [Rcpp-devel] R Embedded in a class function

If you have some specific code, that would help. If you by "class
function" you mean to ask "is it possible to create an embedded R instance
inside a method?", then the answer is "yes". But there are several things
you may be doing incorrectly, and seeing your code would mean we can
address the one that is the problem.

Davor

On 2011-03-17, at 2:11 PM, CESAR PERNALETE wrote:

> I need to embed an R function in a class function. I have seen in all of
the examples that the embed of R always is made in the main function. It
possible to do it in a class function?
> How would be?
>
> I tried to do it, and first argc, argv variables were expected. Then i
assigned values to this variables in this way: