[Rcpp-devel] changes Armadillo 1.99.5

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jun 23 16:13:39 CEST 2011

Hi Conrad,

On 23 June 2011 at 20:11, Conrad Sand wrote:
| Hi everyone,
|
| I've just released Armadillo 1.99.5, which is likely to get wrapped up
| in the next release of RcppArmadillo.

Thanks a lot for detailing the changes, and of course for Armadillo itself.
Your 1.99.5 code is now in our SVN, and RcppArmadillo 0.2.23 awaits
processing at CRAN.

If any users of RcppArmadillo, seeing the changes below, feels motivated to
add some more unit tests I'd be more than happy to help integrate them into
the package.

Dirk

| See http://arma.sourceforge.net/
|
| The 1.99.x series are beta releases for the upcoming 2.0 release.
|
| There are a few minor but important API changes and additions in
| 1.99.5, elaborated below:
|
| API changes:
|
| (i)
| Forms of decomposition/inverse/solver functions that do not return a
| bool indicating success will now throw std::runtime_error exceptions
| when failures are detected  Affected functions: chol(), eig_sym(),
| eig_gen(), inv(), lu(), pinv(), princomp(), qr(), solve(), svd(),
| syl().
|
| (ii)
| princomp_cov() has been removed as it was a superfluous function.
| princomp() in conjunction with cov() can be used instead.
|
| (iii)
| set_log_stream() and get_log_stream() have been replaced by
| set_stream_err1() and get_stream_err1().
|

| API additions:
|
| (iv)
| det(), inv() and solve() can be forced to use more precise algorithms
| for tiny matrices (sizes <= 4x4).
|
| (v)
| Added loading & saving of matrices as CSV text files.

Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com