[Rcpp-devel] [Rd] Error using RcppGSL

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jun 22 21:40:12 CEST 2011

On 22 June 2011 at 20:04, Øyvind Foshaug wrote:

| Thanks for your reply.
| The motivation to get this to work on windows lies in the fact that windows is
| still dominating the corporate domain. I am in the lucky position to be able to
| use R in my work, and Rcpp offer even more possibilities. And yes, I have
| Rtools is installed.
| GSL now seems to be installed, but the package is not linked during
| compilation. I think I will accomplish that on my own. However there is one
| problem with Rcpp on windows that seems ridiculously simple. I get this error
| using cfunction in the Inline package :
| g++ -shared -s -static-libgcc -o file2b036c3d.dll tmp.def file2b036c3d.o G:/
| program files/R/R-2.13.0/library/Rcpp/lib/i386/libRcpp.a -LG:/PROGRA~1/R/
| R-213~1.0/bin/i386 -lR
|
| the error from the compiler is simply that the string for the path to libRcpp.a
| contains spaces and is not recognized.
|  the error is
| g++.exe: G:/program: No such file or directory
| g++.exe: files/R/R-2.13.0/library/Rcpp/lib/i386/libRcpp.a: No such file or
| directory
|
| How can this be fixed?

The R FAQ recommends to install R in a path without spaces. I have in the
past used something like C:/opt/R/R-current/  (which has the added advantage
of not requiring PATH etc changes with each new version).

You may be able to get by with a new R library, say, G:/R/lib/, and install
Rcpp etc in there.

Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com