[Rcpp-devel] wordcloud

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jul 23 19:55:57 CEST 2011

On 23 July 2011 at 09:43, ian.fellows at stat.ucla.edu wrote:
| > And lastly ... given that also know Java so well: what works well /
| better with Rcpp for you?
|
| Speed. wordcloud was a cute little weekend project, but for my
| dissertation work, high performance is a primary concern, so I'm designing
| it from the ground up using Rcpp (nothing public yet).

Nice. Looking forward to hearing about it once complete.

| It is much slower going for me to code in c++, partly due to my lack of
| experience, and partly due to my inability to find an IDE with good code
| completion / syntax error detection. My understanding is that (due to
| extensive use of templates), this is something I'll just have to live
| with. I'm open to suggestions though. I'm currently using Eclipse CDT.

That is an open issue. Eclipse CDT is usually listed as one of the more
feature complete IDEs.  Emacs has some add-ons suh as cedet and ecb; there is
Qt Creator too but nothing perfect.

Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com