[Rcpp-devel] weird error

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jul 9 20:23:03 CEST 2011

On 9 July 2011 at 12:30, deqiang sun wrote:
| I revisited the folder today and found it's because there are hidden files ".project", ".Rdata", ".cproject", ".nfs*******" and etc.
| I can not tell which one stops RIsinde from proper running but once I deleted these hidden files, it works.
|
| Erro with hidden files:
| [deqiangs at weili-sandbox src]$ ./Rinside0
| Error: cons memory exhausted (limit reached?)
| Execution halted
|
| ./                            .nfs00000000003529910000001e  .project
| ../                           .nfs000000000035eb4900000021  .RData
| .cproject                     .nfs000000000035eb5a00000022  .Rhistory

As you post from an .edu address: Is there a Unix helpdesk you can consult?

This has little to do with R or Rcpp --- the .nsf* indicate that you work on
a network-mounted directory, .project and .cproject may come from your IDE
and only .RData and .Rhistory stem from R. On start or restart, .RData will
normally be read.

Dirk

| OK without hidden files:
| [deqiangs at weili-sandbox methComp]$ ./Rinside0
| Hello, world!
|

| Never mind if this does not help.
|

| On May 5, 2011, at 8:56 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
|

| > On 5 May 2011 at 20:36, deqiang sun wrote:
| > | It's linux/centos. There's a recent upgrade of R from 2.9 to 2.12
| >
| > That should just work.
| >
| > | I am not talking about the RInside's example folder.
| > | I had been working with RInside for a while in my working directory, which contains a lot CSV format data files. Then suddenly it stopped working. I have just replaced my hundreds of lines of code to the code of rinside_exmple0.cpp and replaced the make file with the original example makefile, trying to locate the problem.
| >
| > The presence of csv files should have no impact on how the code is compiled,
| > linked or executed.
| >
| > | But that strange error is still there.
| > |
| > | As I mentioned in my reply several minutes ago, when I move the code and makefile to a brand new directory, the code starts to work again.
| > |
| > | It's weird...
| >
| > Your emails have not been helpful bug reports. You did not say (at least not
| > initially) say what you system was, you show no code, you do not show what
| > you executed --- in short nothing reproduceable.
| >
| > It works for me and many others. I can't give you any more focussed help as
| > you provided no details.
| >
| > Start from scratch.  Do 'R CMD check Rcpp_0.9.4.tar.fz'.  If that passes,
| > then your system is fine so the issue must be with you do.
| >
| > Good luck,  Dirk

| > |