[Rcpp-devel] Using Rcpp on mingw 4.5.2

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Sat Jan 8 17:40:50 CET 2011

Hi Dirk,

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 19:44 -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> | but for the life of it I am unable to get it to compile
> | on 64bit Windows with a recent R-2.13.x snapshot (also tried 2.12.x)
> | with neither the Rtools based on mingw-4.5.1 nor those downloaded today
> | with mingw-4.5.2. Rcpp is 0.9.0 but I also failed with earlier versions.
>
> Hm. That _is_ odd because CRAN uses gcc / g++ 4.5.* itself for the Windows
> builds.
Great that it was not something obvious, so I don't have to walk around
with a brown paper bag on my head!

> So if you include Rcpp.h earlier you may be safe. Or I may just be wrong in
> my analysis here.
Nope, didn't help.

> Some of the other error reveals similar gotchas about redefinitions.  If I
> were you I'd try smaller and smaller subsets of the codes and headers til it
> works, and then try to find a way to get the offending headers back in.
I had hoped for another answer, but finally I tracked it down
to #include <winsock.h>. I have no clue why that code had it in there,
but it (seems) to work without.

Thanks for your positive karma there,
have a nice weekend,
Steffen

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE