[Rcpp-devel] Loading a package using Rcpp Modules results in memory corruption

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 07:45:08 CET 2011

I checked things under Linux and Windows (using GCC and VC++ DLL's) and the
same problem occurs at the same place, which is a good sign when it comes to
memory issues. Basically, the Rcpp::Reference(std::string) constructor that
is
part of S4_field, or S4_CppOverloadedMethods constructors fails, depending
on
which comes first (whether there are fields or not). This only happens when
gctorture() is turned on, so R must be clobbering an unprotected SEXP
somewhere...