[Rcpp-devel] Building/linking trouble with cxxfunction()

Ken.Williams at thomsonreuters.com Ken.Williams at thomsonreuters.com
Wed Feb 16 18:47:03 CET 2011

Hi, I'm having some trouble wrapping a relatively simple C function using
Rcpp and inline and friends.  This is my first time trying to use these
tools, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong  my immediate problem is
that I can't seem to figure out how to link against a library when
prototyping with cxxfunction().  My problem is explained here:

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5009026/extract-long-from-r-object

Anyone have any advice?  I'm on OS X Snow Leopard.

As an aside, have you considered moving this list to some open forum
that's 1) searchable and 2) wouldn't require specific registration before
posting?  StackOverflow would get my vote, since it focuses not just on
answering questions but creating resources for those who come along
afterwards.

Thanks.

[note, this is my second attempt sending this message, I think my first
one was denied since I wasn't subscribed to the list (though I didn't get
a notice to that effect).  Now I am.]

--
Ken Williams
Senior Research Scientist