[Rcpp-devel] [Rd] Calling C++ from R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Feb 15 22:31:26 CET 2011

Hi again,

On 15 February 2011 at 13:09, Xiaochun Sun wrote:
| Hi Dirk,
|
| I have used Rcpp to integrate C++ into R and successfully built my R-package
| under Ubuntu using 32-bit R 2.11.1, however, when I switch to 64bit R 2.12.1,
| the same code could not be compiled. The error is like
|
| error: ‘RcppVector’ was not declared in this scope.
|
| Do you have any idea what is going on? Thanks.

Well we see that the header file declaring RcppVector is not loaded so

  -- either you made a mistake in your Makefile or src/Makevars

  -- or you upgraded to Rcpp 0.9.0 or later and didn't switch to
     RcppClassic as RcppVector is an old class from the old API

But as you didn't tell us what you did and how you did it, we can't help any
more.  See eg the r-help guidelines for good error reports, similar sets of
minimal information (ideally a small set of steps to replicable the issue)
apply here too.

Dirk