[Rcpp-devel] Installing RcppArmadillo under Ubuntu 10.10

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Feb 8 20:42:46 CET 2011

I'm back to "it's not your night, kid".  I seem to be unable to
install the RcppArmadillo package under Ubuntu 10.10 with R-2.12.1
installed from the packages on CRAN.  The compilation goes fine but
the package can't be loaded because the symbol
arma::arma_version::major is undefined.  It should have been defined
as a static unsigned int in
RcppArmadillo/inst/include/armadillo_bits/arma_version.hpp and is
indeed used in RcppArmadillo/src/RcppArmadillo.cpp.  The output from
the attempted installation is enclosed.