[Rcpp-devel] shallow/deep copy

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Aug 31 20:15:16 CEST 2011

On 31 August 2011 at 12:43, Zhongyi Yuan wrote:

| On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
|

|     It is just for convenience -- this allows you to write shorter programs for
|     inline, but it does not prevent you from being explicit and using the
|     Rcpp::
|     prefix.  I tend to most of the time too because I prefer that style.
|

| Thank you, Dirk.
| Can I ask for specific reasons why people prefer explicit?  Any potential
| danger for not being explicit?

To me:  Easier to read, and hence easier to maintain, maybe less buggy.
But it is a style question, and people endlessly debate those.

Two new Rcpp master classes for R and C++ integration scheduled for
New York (Sep 24) and San Francisco (Oct 8), more details are at
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2011/08/04#rcpp_classes_2011-09_and_2011-10
http://www.revolutionanalytics.com/products/training/public/rcpp-master-class.php