[Rcpp-devel] shallow/deep copy

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Aug 31 18:20:16 CEST 2011

On 31 August 2011 at 10:59, Zhongyi Yuan wrote:
| The quick reference is quite helpful. Most of the time, I use 'inline' to
| create R functions and I think 'inline' includes Rcpp.h which specifies the
| namespace Rcpp.

It is just for convenience -- this allows you to write shorter programs for
inline, but it does not prevent you from being explicit and using the Rcpp::
prefix.  I tend to most of the time too because I prefer that style.

| Very often I will need Armadillo and will be "using namespace arma;". Maybe I
| should keep using arma:: too, according to Darren's advice.

I would. I think the plugin="RcppArmadillo" setting also sets it for you, so
this really is analogous: you can be explicit, or you can drop it.

Explicit works for me, but everybody as his or her preferences and we try not
to impose any styles.  We do not shy away from recommendations though :)

Two new Rcpp master classes for R and C++ integration scheduled for
New York (Sep 24) and San Francisco (Oct 8), more details are at
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2011/08/04#rcpp_classes_2011-09_and_2011-10
http://www.revolutionanalytics.com/products/training/public/rcpp-master-class.php