[Rcpp-devel] A question in slides from Rcpp workshop

Zhongyi Yuan yuanzygoso at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 05:27:16 CEST 2011

Dear useR's,

After I found Rcpp a few days ago, I've been very excited collecting
documents for learning. But still I find myself understand little.
Here's a question I want you to help me with.

In page 17 of Dirk and Romain's slides from part2 of the Apr 28 Rcpp
workshop (here's a link:
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/papers/rcpp_workshop_part_2_details.pdf), I
can't figure out why the two examples behave differently.
And also, why are people using 1L:3L? What not just 1:3?

Maybe I am asking silly question? But please do help me. I couldn't find an
answer on google.
Thank you.

Best,
Zhongyi