[Rcpp-devel] Pointer troubles

Christian Gunning xian at unm.edu
Wed Aug 3 23:48:24 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 10:22 AM,
<rcpp-devel-request at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> Simple examples are in a demo file in the
> package, see demo(CompiledBenchmark) -- or more importantly, see its source
> and the RcppDE source.

I'm now cobbling together a small XPtr section in Rcpp-quickref based
on these 2 related threads, which have been enormously helpful to me.
Thanks, I think I finally get it.

In the meantime, for the inveterately lazy and/or confused, here's the
horse's mouth, with some key lines therein to trace up from:

https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/RcppDE/demo/CompiledBenchmark.R?view=markup&root=rcpp

        create_xptr <- cxxfunction(signature(funname="character"),
body=src.xptr, inc=inc, plugin="Rcpp")
        ## ...
        cppDE <- function(n, maxIt, fun) RcppDE::DEoptim(fn=fun,
lower=rep(-25, n),
               upper=rep(25, n), control=list(NP=10*n, itermax=maxIt,
trace=FALSE))#, bs=TRUE))
        ## ...
        xptr <- create_xptr(funname)
        ct <- system.time(invisible(cppDE(n, maxIt, xptr)))[3]

-Christian
--
A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal – Panama!