[Rcpp-devel] Unable to install RcppArmadillo from CRAN or from SVN archive on Ubuntu 10.10

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Fri Apr 29 16:32:05 CEST 2011

Yes, well, this still does not explain why Doug gets the same error
on Ubuntu.

On Apr 29, 2011, at 07:23 , Conrad Sanderson wrote:

> On 29 April 2011 23:40, Jan de Leeuw <deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu> wrote:
>> So it may be the LLVM g++ compiler (note that this is
>> a developer version which has not been released yet,
>> comes with Xcode 4.1) or an unfortunate interaction
>> of that compiler with libraries in /usr/local.
>
> I suggest filing a bug with Apple.  The LLVM compiler is rather fresh,
> and it appears that it's still not ready for production use.
>
> Perhaps Apple is doing an elaborate public beta test with this
> developer version.  If so, one has to wonder whether Apple internally
> lacks sufficiently varied test cases.

===
Jan de Leeuw; Distinguished Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Director: UCLA Center for Environmental Statistics (CES);
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical Software;
US mail: 8125 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
.mac: jdeleeuw ++++++  aim: deleeuwjan ++++++ skype: j_deleeuw
homepages: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu ++++++ http://www.cuddyvalley.org
          No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                   http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au