[Rcpp-devel] Favourite Rcpp examples?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Apr 27 02:29:11 CEST 2011

On 27 April 2011 at 11:17, baptiste auguie wrote:
| OK, sorry I've just come back from a Easter trip; it'll be too late
| for your original request but I'll tidy up some examples and post back
| when they're ready.

Cool, thanks.

| By the way, have you considered setting up a sort of wiki so that
| users could share tips and short recipes with Rcpp? I find that
| archived emails are not always reliable as the code may change
| substantially with time, and vignettes + unit tests are more
| intimidating and not as convenient. ggplot2's wiki and stackexchange
| seem to work well for this purpose nowadays.

I prefer vignettes and examples directories which can be built in automated
and batched fashion as additional build regression tests.

I do not plan to open a wiki, but if others want to go that route, why not.
As for stackoverflow et al: I am still not convinced people search that as
much.  I do add replies there, but it is still more one off-ish.

Whereas I do come back to examples/ which are in our packages; see e.g. just
this week with RInside.  Releasing worked and working example that way is my
clear preference.

Cheers, Dirk

--
Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com