[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] RInside 0.2.4

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 26 16:01:24 CEST 2011

We put RInside 0.2.4 onto CRAN yesterday. It contains some improvements to
the initialization code (with a tip of the hat to Karl and Murray), a number
of cleanups and simplifications in the examples making better use of Rcpp
idioms, two new 'standard' examples as well as the (pretty, if I dare say so)
example I wrote and blogged about last month at

    http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2011/03/25#rinside_and_qt

which embeds R in the Qt framework to show a simple 'density slider' example
(similar to what the tcltk and other GUI toolkits show).

The full NEWS entry for this release is below.

Cheers, Dirk

PS RInside remains busted on Windoze, and I would be most happy to dole out a
   number of karma points if someone with some Windows and R skills went for
   debugging this and actually made a dent... It seems unlikely that Romain
   or I will get there any time soon.

0.2.4   2011-04-24

   o    Minor code cleanups in initialization code

   o    New example embedding R inside a Qt application, along with pro file
        for Qt's qmake providing a complete simple C++ GUI application

   o    New examples rinside_sample{10,11} based on questions on the
        r-help and r-devel mailing list

   o    Some improvements and simplifications throughout examples/standard
        as well as examples/mpi/

   o    Added this NEWS files -- with entries below summarised from ChangeLog
        and the corresponding blog posts

--
Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com