[Rcpp-devel] RInside makefile on Windows

Nathan Johnson atlas at iastate.edu
Fri Apr 22 18:05:16 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have installed Rcpp, RInside, Rtools and other dependencies according to
the instructions given on the Rcpp and RInside websites.

Presently, I am having issues with the makefile provided in the RInside
examples. I must confess that my experience with makefiles is minimal. Upon
reviewing the web and this mailing list, I now come to bow before the coding
gods to ask your advice.

In the examples directory, here is the output from "make -f Makefile.win" in
the command prompt (I receive the same when run in a NetBeans project):

ARGUMENT 'c:/PROGRA~1/R/R-2.12.2' __ignored__

Fatal error: you must specify '--save', '--no-save' or '--vanilla'

make: /bin/R: Command not found

make: /bin/R: Command not found

make: /bin/R: Command not found

make: /bin/R: Command not found

/bin/R: not found

/bin/R: not found

/bin/R: not found

/bin/R: not found

make: /bin/R: Command not found

make: /bin/R: Command not found

make: /bin/R: Command not found

make: /bin/R: Command not found

Wall  -s  rinside_callbacks0.cpp        -o rinside_callbacks0

make: Wall: Command not found

make: [rinside_callbacks0] Error 127 (ignored)

In Makefile.win, the only line I have changed is:

R_HOME :=                         $(shell R c:/PROGRA~1/R/R-2.12.2)

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Running:

Windows 7, 32-bit

NetBeans 7.0

R 2.12.2 (installed from pre-built libraries)

Rtools (as detailed in The Windows Toolset appendix of the R Installation
manual)

Rcpp 0.9.4

RInside 0.2.3

Msys 1.0