[Rcpp-devel] RInside C++ on Windows

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 19 19:51:21 CEST 2011

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your email. But please use to the rcpp-devel list for these
question. I am redirecting my reply there.

On 19 April 2011 at 12:08, Jorge Posadas wrote:
| Hi Dirk,
|
| How are you?, I appeal to you because I have a problem/question, I am trying to
| incorporate R to C++ code project, I read about RInside and have seen some
| examples. Now a days I am trying to create the environment to build and test
| the examples under windows vista platform without even being able to achieve
| successfully.
|
| I have installed R-2.12.2, 2.12, RTools 2.12, RInside Package and Rcpp Package.

Yes, but you may have missed this paragraph on the RInside webpage:

    Status

    Version 0.2.3 should build and install on just about any Linux and OS X
    system, and even on Windows machines that have the Rtools compiled by
    Duncan Murdoch as detailed in the The Windows Toolset appendix to the R
    Installation manual. Do not report an error if you fail to build this
    with another compiler as this is not supported. (However, the examples
    which built and run under 0.2.1 currently build but segfault. This is
    probably fixable but we just haven't had the time or focus to do
    it. Linux and OS X work well enough for us.)

So RInside is currently in a state where it compiles, links ... and segfaults
on Windows.  Debugging help welcome.

I am also making this point more prominently in the Description: field on the
next RInside release, probably in a few days.

| Does RInside works with Qt on Windows environment?

It should (in the sense of 'if you use the Qt SDK with MinGW then the object
code should be compatible') but currently won't (given the RInside/Windows bug).

Hope this helps, Dirk