[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp modules take 2, exposing C++ classes to R

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Wed May 26 16:42:24 CEST 2010

Here is a self contained example, that uses both svn version of Rcpp and
svn version of inline (for getDynLib) :

require( Rcpp )
require( methods )

code <- ''

inc  <- '

class World {
public:
     World() : msg("hello"){}
     void set(std::string msg) { this->msg = msg; }
     std::string greet() { return msg; }

private:
     std::string msg;
};

RCPP_MODULE(yada){
	using namespace Rcpp ;
	class_<World>( "World" )
		.method( "greet", &World::greet )
		.method( "set", &World::set )
	;
}

'
fx <- cppfunction( signature(), "", include = inc )

yada <- Rcpp:::Module( "yada", getDynLib( fx ) )
World <- yada$World

w <- new( World )
print( w$greet() )
w$set( "hello world" )