[Rcpp-devel] inspiration from boost.python

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Sun May 9 10:34:29 CEST 2010

Hello,

Anyone here has experience with boost.python.
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_43_0/libs/python/doc/index.html

It looks like a nice way to expose c++ classes as python objects, so
then I think we could borrow some of the smartness of this to expose c++
classes to R.

At the moment, for exemple what we do in RProtoBuf, exposing a c++ class
to R involves writing a set of .Call compatible functions and connect
them back at the R leveln which is a bit tedious and error prone.

Maybe something to play with towards Rcpp 0.9.0

Or do I just need coffee ?

Romain

--
Romain Francois