[Rcpp-devel] bug hunting

Davor Cubranic cubranic at stat.ubc.ca
Tue Mar 23 20:45:28 CET 2010

On 2010-03-23, at 12:03 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 23 March 2010 at 13:36, Douglas Bates wrote:
> | I have C++ mode in emacs configured so that certain keystrokes indent
> | lines and, for me, the indentation step is four.  I believe that
> | multiple indents are expressed as tabs but I'm not sure.
> |
> | In other words, my mode hook is
> | (add-hook 'c++-mode-hook
> | 	  (lambda () (c-set-style "bsd")
> | 	    (setq c-basic-offset 4)))
>
> That would similar to what I have, albeit with default 'scheme' as "bsd"
> Do you know if the per-file ones overrule or not>

The Emacs manual doesn't say it explicitly, but it sounds like file variables override any other settings, e.g., those from mode-hooks. It does say that settings which are really user preferences should not go there, for example. I guess it's open to discussion whether indentation is a user preference or a project policy. :-)

Davor