[Rcpp-devel] bug hunting

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Mar 23 12:49:54 CET 2010

FYI, following Doug's lead re '-pedantic', I made that permanent for me via

   edd at ron:~$ grep pedantic .R/*
   .R/Makevars:CFLAGS=-g -O3 -Wall -pipe -pedantic
   .R/Makevars:CXXFLAGS=-g -O3 -Wall -pipe -pedantic

which now reveals a lot of

   ./RcppCommon.h:205:28: warning: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99

as well as

   from Promise.cpp:22:
   ./Rcpp/Vector.h:434:30: warning: ISO C99 requires rest arguments to be used
   ./Rcpp/Vector.h:441:29: warning: ISO C99 requires rest arguments to be used
   ./Rcpp/Vector.h:477:26: warning: ISO C99 requires rest arguments to be used
   ./Rcpp/Vector.h:482:30: warning: ISO C99 requires rest arguments to be used
   ./Rcpp/Vector.h:496:31: warning: ISO C99 requires rest arguments to be used

Not toxic, but something we may want to look at. Without -pedantic,
everything is clean as a whistle.

But most importantly Doug's example now works.

So release 0.7.11 by the end of the week?

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!