[Rcpp-devel] Warning from Rscript interferes with Rcpp:::LdFlags()

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Sat Mar 13 16:26:17 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Romain Francois
<romain.francois at dbmail.com> wrote:

> Le 13/03/10 13:18, Douglas Bates a écrit :
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Douglas Bates<bates at stat.wisc.edu>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> In a recent versions of R-devel calling Rscript from within R or in,
>>> say, R CMD INSTALL produces a warning.

>>> WARNING: ignoring environment value of R_HOME
>>> -L/home/bates/R/i686-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.11/Rcpp/lib -lRcpp
>>> -Wl,-rpath,/home/bates/R/i686-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.11/Rcpp/lib>
>>>
>>> This interferes with the standard way of determining the Makevars file
>>> for packages that use Rcpp.
>>>
>>> I'll check if there is a way to suppress that.
>>
>> For the time being I would suggest piping the output through
>> sed /^WARNING/d
>
> That's odd. I just "svn co" R-devel in fedora and I cannot reproduce this.
>
> some other potential options are:
>  --vanilla
>  2> /dev/null

You're right that it is not a matter of the version of R, as I
initially thought it was.  I'm not sure what I am doing to cause this
- it may be related to running R within ESS in emacs.

In any case, the sed pipe I suggested is benign if there is no warning.