[Rcpp-devel] matrix indexing

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 19:37:23 CET 2010

Oh, boy. I _do_ want a pony!

> Don;t forget we all want a pony too.  Now, seriously, what is R++?
> If I knew what you were talking about I might have a chance of answering this :)

I was talking about this one:
http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/cxxr

which Romain has pointed out in the next post.  For some reason, it is
a devil to find it on the web.

Anyhow, I know no one what's to give up the good thing we have with R,
but eventually I think this has to happen.  In some ways it's even
supportive of further language development. Just look at ruby and
python, reimplemented as jruby, jython, iron ruby, and iron python.

I'm not saying I'm the one who's going to kickstart this, but I'm
definitely supportive if anyone can mount a serious effort to do this.
 Which leads to the question about cxxr.  Is it any good?  Dirk, I
think you've mentioned that performance seems to be awful, but that
was some time ago.

Anyway, I took this thread seriously off topic w/ that reply, so feel
free to just ping me back off list if you all want to keep going on
this.

-Whit