[Rcpp-devel] R CMD check not happy about -std=c++0x

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jan 15 14:15:56 CET 2010

On 15 January 2010 at 08:27, Romain François wrote:
| I'm getting a warning when I try to build my CPP package that depends on
| Rcpp and uses the classic Makevars :
|
| PKG_CXXFLAGS=`Rcpp:::CxxFlags()` -I.
| PKG_LIBS=`Rcpp:::LdFlags()`
|

| I get this warning from R CMD check :
|
| * checking for portable compilation flags in Makevars ... WARNING
| Non-portable flags in variable 'PKG_CXXFLAGS':
|    -std=c++0x

I also noticed that yesterday working on another package using Rcpp.  I think
we need to fix this.

Recall that 'can use Cxx0x' should be based on the compiler used to build R
(!!) not Rcpp or the current package.  So we need to query 'R CMD config CXX'
at build time and somehow remember that.

| Is there a workaround ? We probably would then have to update the new
| skeleton generator to use it.

Right.