[Rcpp-devel] variadic templates

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jan 5 13:17:52 CET 2010

On 5 January 2010 at 10:15, Romain François wrote:
| We still need something to generate this line of the Makevars :
|
| PKG_CPPFLAGS += -I. -std=c++0x
|
| -std=c++0x is only valid from gcc 4.3, so people who want to build the
| package but do not have access to gcc >= 4.3.O can just replace the line
| with this :
|
| PKG_CPPFLAGS += -I.

I can do that quite easily in configure; RQuantLib once needed tests to
ensure that for g++ wasn't still 2.9*, and I also tests for QuantLib
versions.  Just a matter a catching a string from g++ --version and
comparing.  That will set the additional arg. for PKG_CPPFLAGS (actually: we
should use PKG_CXXFLAGS for that) and define CXX0X as 1 (and maybe we flip
the tests to  #if CXX0X  rathter than  #ifdef CXX0X)

| I've also added Rcpp::capabilities to query the capabilities of the
| package.
|
| For example on my system I have :
|
| $ Rscript -e "Rcpp:::capabilities()"
| variadic templates  initializer lists
|                TRUE               TRUE

Nice one!

| I'll talk about what I want to do with initializer lists later.

Ok.