[Rcpp-devel] today's commits
francoisromain at free.fr
Sun Jan 3 18:36:48 CET 2010
Just to summarize todays commits:
- new Symbol class to wrap symbols (SYMSXP)
Symbol( "rnorm" ) instead of Rf_install("rnorm")
- new Language class to wrap language (LANGSXP)
Language( "rnorm", 1, 2.0, 3.0 )
makes an object that wraps something liks this :
> call( "rnorm", 1L, 2.0, 3.0 )
- new variadic template pairlist to generate a pairlist from an
arbitrary number of wrappable objects, this is used in the Language
class but may also be used to generate pairlists (LISTSXP)
pairlist( 1, 2, std::string("foo"), true )
- new template grow : takes something that can be wrapped and use it as
the head of the pairlist (append the wrapped object to the second
argument). This is used in pairlist.
- new class Named that can be used to emulate named arguments in calls
Language( "rnorm", 1, Named("mean", 2.0) , 3.0 )
will make this :
> call( "rnorm", 1L, mean = 2.0, 3.0 )
- wrap is now a template. the default returns NULL and issue a warning,
the specific implementations are as before.
- new template as, to ease conversions of SEXP into C++ types int,
double, vector<string>, ... the code comes from RObject.asFoo() methods.
so we can write things like this :
vector<double> y = as< vector<double> >(x) ;
where x is a SEXP (can also be an RObject through the magic operator SEXP()
- the garbage collection is now automatic and hidden, thanks to the many
insights from the R-devel heroes yesterday.
- the RObject interface is now more complete, with copy constructors and
assignment operators (taking SEXP or RObject)
I think that's it. see the changelog othewise.
Professional R Enthusiast
+33(0) 6 28 91 30 30
|- http://tr.im/IW9B : C++ exceptions at the R level
|- http://tr.im/IlMh : CPP package: exposing C++ objects
`- http://tr.im/HlX9 : new package : bibtex
More information about the Rcpp-devel