[Rcpp-devel] boost::asio

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Feb 13 19:50:21 CET 2010

On 13 February 2010 at 19:28, Romain Francois wrote:
| On 02/13/2010 07:21 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| > On 13 February 2010 at 18:08, Romain Francois wrote:
| > | Anyone familiar with boost asio here ?
| > | http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/doc/html/boost_asio.html
| >
| > I have not used asio but using more of boost is always a good idea. Would add
| > another (weak) build dependency though.
|
| What do mean by "weak" ?

Oh, sorry: 'headers only, no libs' for most of Boost and the headers are not
uncommon.  But it will be a hurdle for some people. Worth taking though...

| > | Now that new Rcpp is getting stable, I'd like to use it. One potential
| > | use is making some sort of web server with R callbacks, and I was
| > | thinking maybe boost asio was the way to go about it.
| > |
| > | The latest version of R already has a webserver included, which powers
| > | the new R help system (see latest R Journal issue), but it is not
| > | flexible enough (yet) ...
| >
| > Let's be patient and resist to urge to add a server in a package :)
| >
| > Dirk
|
| But it sounds like fun ...

Let's not get tempted :)

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!