[Rcpp-devel] boost::asio

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Feb 13 19:21:43 CET 2010

On 13 February 2010 at 18:08, Romain Francois wrote:
| Anyone familiar with boost asio here ?
| http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/doc/html/boost_asio.html

I have not used asio but using more of boost is always a good idea. Would add
another (weak) build dependency though.

| Now that new Rcpp is getting stable, I'd like to use it. One potential
| use is making some sort of web server with R callbacks, and I was
| thinking maybe boost asio was the way to go about it.
|
| The latest version of R already has a webserver included, which powers
| the new R help system (see latest R Journal issue), but it is not
| flexible enough (yet) ...

Let's be patient and resist to urge to add a server in a package :)

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!