[Rcpp-devel] [RcppExamples] -- would someone share the makefile?

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Sat Aug 21 20:06:53 CEST 2010

Le 21/08/10 19:36, Johannes Egner a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am (slowly and carefully) learning about Rcpp

Great. Welcome here.

> and thought that
> compiling the code in the RcppExamples package could be a good start.

Perhaps. Also see Rcpp.package.skeleton to make a small package. The
Rcpp-package vignette will certainly help you (please tell us if it does
not).

> MSVC seems to be out of the game (at least as far as the compiler is
> concerned; using it as an editor may be another story), and it seems I
> cannot avoid using MinGW and those mysterious makefiles anymore.

Although we have received a patch going in the MSVC direction, this is
not supported. You would have to first find how to build R with MSVC,
and it appears you cannot.

> Would
> anyone care to send me a makefile that was used to compile the mentioned
> examples, please? (I know it needs modifying -- I'll use it as a
> template to see what I need to learn about makefiles for now.)
>
> Thanks, Jo

There is no need for a Makefile. Just start with :

 > require( Rcpp )
 > Rcpp.package.skeleton( "wonderland" )

and then :

$ R CMD INSTALL wonderland

This should all work fine if you have Rtools installed, which you can
get from : http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/

Romain

--
Romain Francois