[Rcpp-devel] Multiplication of ComplexVector?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Aug 18 13:56:39 CEST 2010

On 18 August 2010 at 13:31, Romain Francois wrote:
| Le 18/08/10 13:22, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :
| >
| > On 18 August 2010 at 09:10, Romain Francois wrote:
| > | Yep, that is because of RcppExport. You only use RcppExport when you
| > | call the function from .Call in R.
| > |
| > | RcppExport is an alias to extern "C" so it essentially voids the
| > | C++-ness of the function it is applied to.
| >
| > For completeness:  It also provided a hook to add __declspec(dllexport) for
| > the one operating system that needed it when building DLLs.  We currently
| > don't build DLLs there so this is moot but the option may be useful.  Hence
| > RcppExport and not just extern "C".
|
| Not the way it is currently defined ;
|
| // #ifdef BUILDING_DLL
| // #define RcppExport extern "C" __declspec(dllexport)
| // #else
| #define RcppExport extern "C"
| // #endif

Yes -- which is entirely consistent with what I wrote using past tense.

We used to use this, we don't currently do as the hook is commented-out (and
not even OS-dependent but that is bad trace from past incarnations).  Yet it
may be useful one day if we get back to DLL building on that one beloved (or
not) OS that calls them DLLS.

| Great. I'll figure how to do it, unless someone else does it before me ...
|
| BTW, why did you not reply to each question on its own thread ?

Sometimes I find it easier to regroup as that keeps the number of messages
down.  And as this was a minor issue and a minor thumbs-up I thought it would
be a suitable candidate for not requiring a separate message. The practice is
frowned-upon by some in the context of mailing lists, but as we so liberally
use it in off-list traffic I allowed myself this one disgression.

Anyway...