[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp & Multithreading

Jaiganesh Balasubramanian jaiganesh.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 22:50:39 CEST 2010

Hi Folks,

I am creating a multi-threaded C++ application that initializes RInside in
one of the child thread.

I would also like to access support interfaces like Rcpp::Environment in the
remaining child threads, so that I could access any "R" function associated
with the
environment initialized.

When I run my program, I always get "C Stack limit too huge" errors.

I looked at the "Writing R Extensions" manual, and it pointed to
initializing the R_CStackLimit variable to "-1", and
that this initialization need to be made after the RInside constructor is
called. I did that, but it still does not work.

Can you please let me know how do we accomplish this task?

Thanks very much,
Jai