[Rcpp-devel] RInside problem

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Apr 12 17:31:05 CEST 2010

Delphine, Vincent,

*Please* use the rcpp-devel list. You need to subscribe to post.

And *please* do not send 4.5mb attachments. I am re-sending now without your
attachment. My own mail got rejected at the mailing for its excess size.

On 12 April 2010 at 16:48, SINOQUET Delphine wrote:
| Hi all,
| We met a problem with installing/running Rinside/Rcpp packages on Windows XP system (32 bits).
| We have installed R 2.10.1 and RTools 2.10
| To build the examples we had to modify Makefile.win (adding -Lc:/Rtools/MinGW/lib -lmingwex to LDLIBS keyword)
| But when we launch rinside_test0 (from sources in Rinside/examples/standard/*cpp) we have a crash

a)  Known and documented bug, see release notes. Help in fixing is
    welcome. Neither Romain nor I use Windows much.

| We have tried to debug it both with gdb and Visual but with no results...
| We have no more idea
| Now we need help :(

b)  Downgrade to RInside 0.2.1 and the maching Rcpp (if I recall, 0.7.1),
    which is a known workaround for now.

Your help in finding what broke RInside would be welcome but you would have
to lead this. It likely involves some digging through C++ and
initializations.  Or you could try RInside 0.2.1 with successive version of
Rcpp past 0.7.1 and see where it starts to break which may give an idea.

Amicalement,  Dirk

--
  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!