[Rcpp-devel] short, unsigned short, long, unsigned long, long double

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 6 15:32:25 CEST 2010

On 6 April 2010 at 14:27, Romain Francois wrote:
| > Perhaps I am not answering the question that you asked - that sort of
| > thing happens when answering email while still on the first cup of
| > coffee.  More helpful might be the comments in the limits include file
| > for libstdc++ on Debian/Ubuntu
| >
| > // The numeric_limits<>  traits document implementation-defined aspects
| > // of fundamental arithmetic data types (integers and floating points).
| > // From Standard C++ point of view, there are 13 such types:
| > //   * integers
| > //         bool						        (1)
| > //         char, signed char, unsigned char			(3)
| > //         short, unsigned short				(2)
| > //         int, unsigned					(2)
| > //         long, unsigned long					(2)
| > //
| > //   * floating points
| > //         float						(1)
| > //         double						(1)
| > //         long double						(1)
| > //
| > // GNU C++ understands (where supported by the host C-library)
| > //   * integer
| > //         long long, unsigned long long			(2)
| > //
| > // which brings us to 15 fundamental arithmetic data types in GNU C++.
| >
| > So it looks like short is part of standard C++ but not long long.
|
| Even better, thanks again.

Not to beat a dead horse (and yours, at that) but the long long and unsigned
long long are hence not portable but GNU g++ dependent.

| BTW, I am also a recurrent victim of the "before the first cup of
| coffee" pattern.

I am incoherent and incomprehensible most of the time irrespective of the
amount of coffee.

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!