[Rcpp-devel] Problem compling rinside_sample0 on OSX

Dan Kulp dwkulp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 06:12:46 CEST 2010

Hey,
  I just installed Rcpp RInside successful using CRAN, but when I try to
"make rinside_sample0" I get the following linking errors:

ld warning: option -s is obsolete and being ignored
Undefined symbols:
  "SEXPREC* Rcpp::grow<Rcpp::Named>(Rcpp::Named const&, SEXPREC*)",
referenced from:
      SEXPREC* Rcpp::pairlist<Rcpp::Function, Rcpp::Named,
Rcpp::Named>(Rcpp::Function const&, Rcpp::Named const&, Rcpp::Named
const&)in libRInside.a(RInside.o)
      SEXPREC* Rcpp::pairlist<Rcpp::Function, Rcpp::Named,
Rcpp::Named>(Rcpp::Function const&, Rcpp::Named const&, Rcpp::Named
const&)in libRInside.a(RInside.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [rinside_sample0] Error 1

Is this an OSX specific thing, or is the example code not sync'd with the
library from CRAN?.... or something else?

THanks,
Dan

--
Dan Kulp, PhD