[Rcpp-devel] experimental handling of uncaught exceptions

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Dec 28 15:57:32 CET 2009

On 28 December 2009 at 13:09, francoisromain at free.fr wrote:
| I don't know, this is only using RTTI which is part of the standard C++, and the abi namespace which is supposed to be cross compiler compatible.

Ahh. That would be nice.  And same here -- my world is fairly gcc-centered as
I use gcc/mingw on Windows rather than VC++ which I also have available at
work. So if you have a test program I can try it.

| I don't have access to such platform myself, so I don't know if this theory passes the "in pratice" test
|
| I'm fine with releasing. I'd like the external ptr stuff to be in rcpp, under a different name if you prefer. If we canoot make the implicit conversion to work, maybe we should forbid it by declaring the ctor explicit.

I like the external pointer and the exceptions stuff too. That should
definitely go in, and yes, I do like some consistency on the naming -- how
about RcppXPtr or some such?

As for the ctor issue -- so just let have SEXP RcppXPtr::RcppXPtr(SEXP) ctor
and then switch based on the SEXP's type?  That could work.