[Rcpp-devel] more on CPP

Romain François francoisromain at free.fr
Wed Dec 23 18:02:25 CET 2009

Hello,

CPP now has vector, set and deque containers from the STL holding
integer, double and raw.

I was fed up with the copy and paste, so I came up with a way to
generate the headers and cpp files from a brew template.

Also, after generating these things, but before compilation, the headers
are parsed with some regex voodoo to generate some reflection metadata,
available in the dataset "reflection" that comes with the package.

This is much less painful to write than what I started to do to expose
classes in RProtoBuf, because all goes through the "$" method. In
RProtoBuf, for each new method I add to each new class, I need to update
manually the method that generate the completions, possibly declare a
new generic function (setGeneric), define the method for this generic
function and the appropriate parameters (setMethod), ...

I'll probably revisit RProtoBuf based on this.

Romain

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast