[Rcpp-devel] LinkingTo: again

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Dec 13 21:39:43 CET 2009

On 13 December 2009 at 21:06, Romain François wrote:
| No, you don't need to do any of that. you can if you want (I think you
| define what Matrix uses), but you don't have to. As far as I can see it,
| adding "LinkingTo: foo" to the DESCRIPTION file just adds
| -Isomewhere/foo/include so that you can then do #include <somefile.h>
| where somefile.h is in the somewhere/foo/include directory.
|
| This is it, no voodoo needed.

Then that passes the _compile_ stage as you find headers and the blows up
when the _linking_ stage finds no object code.

Some voodoo needed, after all.  ;-)

[ That is, unless you're Whit Armstrong and you do everything in C++
  templates without object code. Rcpp will need -lRcpp to be found
  somewhere. ]

I looked at what Martin had suggested and it is all C code. So no example
there either.