[Rcicr-users] Reverse correlation review and primer published and rcicr 0.4.0

Ron Dotsch rdotsch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 08:16:14 CEST 2017

Dear all,

We recently published an open access review and primer on reverse correlation in Social Psychology:

Brinkman, L., Todorov, A., & Dotsch, R. (2017). Visualising mental representations: A primer on noise-based reverse correlation in social psychology. European Review of Social Psychology, 28 (1), 333-361. http://bit.ly/2zrmLUm  <https://t.co/t8oHS6eDit>

In the meantime, we’re have been making a lot of progress on further development of rcicr 0.4.0. If you want to check it out and test it, take a look at our GitHub page: https://github.com/rdotsch/rcicr/tree/development (which includes installation instructions of the dev version). Please report any issues back on the Issues page (https://github.com/rdotsch/rcicr/issues <https://github.com/rdotsch/rcicr/issues>) and feel free to contribute code and/or documentation (all help is welcome).

Some of the major changes are:

* You can now compute informational value for a classification image (paper on this will be submitted soon)
* You can now compute z-maps for a classification image (experimental)
* Parallel processing in generating stimuli
* generateCI now partitions data by participant if by argument is supplied
* Bitmaps are now saved as losless png instead of jpg
* Added arguments to make output to images optional
* Added the possibility to have the pixel information of generated stimuli returned in matrix format for subsequent analyses
* Added image masking functionality

Best wishes,

Ron