[RQt-devel] unable to draw glyphs using OpenGL

Tomas Sieger tomas.sieger at seznam.cz
Mon Oct 22 17:08:20 CEST 2012

Hi,
 I'm unable to draw glyphs when using OpenGL to render my scene:

scene <- qscene()
layer <- qlayer(scene, function(layer, painter) {
    qdrawGlyph(painter, qglyphCircle(r=5),5,5) # doesn't work using OpenGL
    qdrawCircle(painter, 2, 2, r=3) # always works
    }, limits = qrect(0, 0, 10, 10))
view <- qplotView(scene)
print(view)

however, when I turn OpenGL off, it works:

scene <- qscene()
layer <- qlayer(scene, function(layer, painter) {
    qdrawGlyph(painter, qglyphCircle(r=5),5,5) # works if using SW driver
    qdrawCircle(painter, 2, 2, r=3) # always works
    }, limits = qrect(0, 0, 10, 10))
view <- qplotView(scene,opengl=FALSE)
print(view)

Is it a known issue?
I'm running Qt 4.5.3.
My video is Intel Corporation Cantiga Integrated Graphics Controller.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30)
Platform: i686-pc-linux-gnu (32-bit)

locale:
[1] C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] qtpaint_0.9.0  qtbase_1.0.6   colorout_0.9-9

---

BTW cranvas 'qscatter' (which is based on glyphs currently - and
therefore is not working for me) worked for me some time ago (but I
don't know whether it was using glyphs at that time), but I can't tell
what of qtpaint/qtbase/cranvas/etc. I've upgraded, sorry :-(.

Regards,
 Tomas