[RQt-devel] How to delete a layout in an existing widget?

Tengfei Yin yintengfei at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 06:57:42 CEST 2011

Hi

I hope to delete and create a new layout without destroying a widget, based
on Qt documentation,

If there already is a layout manager installed on this widget,
QWidget<http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qwidget.html> won't
> let you install another. You must first delete the existing layout manager
> (returned by layout <http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qwidget.html#layout>())
> before you can call setLayout() with the new layout.

to add a layout to an existing widgets,  I find something like

void myWidget::makeLayout()
{
  // Delete old layout (if any)
  delete layout();  // This is QWidget::layout()

  // Perhaps you have to remove, add, hide or show some childwidgets.

}

So how to do that in R, I cannot find something like close() or delete() for
QWidget$layout().

Thanks

Tengfei

--