[RQt-devel] Timings

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Wed Mar 24 01:06:33 CET 2010

It looks to me like the lines (10k, 3 segments each) are slower than the 30k
segments. The reason is that the Qt API forces each line to be drawn
separately, while segments can be drawn in batch. We use Qt for all line
drawing.

The only reason to use lines is if the line width is > 0, and thus line
joining matters. That suggests one possible optimization, purely at the R
level.

Michael