[pomp-announce] pomp news

Aaron King kingaa at umich.edu
Tue Jul 28 13:18:17 CEST 2015

Dear pompistas,

pomp has undergone many changes this summer, not least of which is a move
from R-Forge to Github.  The website has been given an overhaul and there
are a number of new features there, including a community wiki
<http://github.com/kingaa/pomp/wiki>, a growing set of tutorial documents
<http://kingaa.github.io/pomp/vignettes/>, and a news blog
<http://kingaa.github.io/pomp/blog.html>.  The latter will replace this
mailing list: please subscribe to the pomp RSS feed
<http://kingaa.github.io/pomp/pomp.atom> to continue to receive news as
this will be the last post to this list.

One thing I'll point out in particular is the presence of a set of
materials from a short course <http://kingaa.github.io/sbied/> that Ed
Ionides and I taught as part of SISMID in Seattle this summer.  These
documents explain some of pomp's key algorithms and contain set of case
studies that you may find instructive.

The development version <http://github.com/kingaa/pomp/releases> is now
0.75-1, while that on CRAN is 0.65-1.  The intervening versions represent
many improvements.  I have been cleaning up the user interface, improving
documentation, fixing a few bugs, and adding features.  These are all
documented in the package NEWS file <http://kingaa.github.io/pomp/NEWS.html>
and the news blog <http://kingaa.github.io/pomp/blog.html>.  I am awaiting
the appearance of the Journal of Statistical Software announcement paper
<http://kingaa.github.io/pomp/vignettes/pompjss.pdf> before releasing
another version to CRAN.  Since I cannot say when that will be, please be
sure to install the development version
<http://kingaa.github.io/pomp/install.html> to take advantage of the new
facilities.

As ever, I am happy to hear about bug reports, feature requests, and
questions: please post these to the github Issues page
<http://github.com/kingaa/pomp/issues>.

Happy pomping!
Aaron

--