[pomp-announce] pomp version 0.38-1 released

Aaron A. King kingaa at umich.edu
Tue May 24 15:34:30 CEST 2011

Dear pomp users,

I've just submitted version pomp 0.38-1 to CRAN.  Source code and binaries
should become available on the mirrors over the next few days.  This is a
feature and documentation upgrade.   There have been two major changes.

I have improved both the tutorial vignettes.  The "intro to pomp" vignette now
walks through the SIR model and its implementation in several stages.
The "advanced topics" vignette now goes into much more detail about various
options for speeding up model codes.

I have generalized the 'pfilter' algorithm so that it is now possible to use
different numbers of particles at different points in the time series.  This
lays the groundwork for an adaptive particle filter.

For specific changes, see the NEWS file.

Best regards,

Aaron

--
Aaron A. King, Ph.D.