[Phylobase-devl] New phylobase build approach using static libncl (Was: Rcpp and OS X compiliation)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Mar 1 14:17:19 CET 2010

On 28 February 2010 at 22:19, Peter Cowan wrote:
| I'll take a look at the inline package, thanks.

In the  Rcpp package, look at examples/RcppInline/RcppInlineWithLibsExamples.R
which links to the GSL. That should be similar here with phylobase I think. I
never got around to trying a phylobase / ncl example.

(We changed the so-called 'new API' in Rcpp a lot recently so not all
examples work right now in my SVN copy but the 'old' aka 'Classic API' that
phylobase uses will work, and the example shows how to do the inline calls
with external headers etc)

| Thanks for the pointer.  And, thanks for your patient help w/ our C++ issues.

Always a pleasure. I am on this mission with Rcpp to convince people that we
can make C++ integration a lot easier. This is as good a real-world test as
it gets. :)

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!