[Phylobase-devl] New phylobase build approach using static libncl (Was: Rcpp and OS X compiliation)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jan 26 17:34:07 CET 2010

On 26 January 2010 at 11:26, François Michonneau wrote:
| Phylobase should now work with NCL 2.1.09.
|
| I did some quick tests yesterday and it looked like it was working
| well. However, I must have done something wrong, because today it
| doesn't work as well. The Nexus files we provide in phylobase
| apparently can't be read and the following error message is returned:
| Taxa block must be read before the Trees block can be read.
|
| If I use the Nexus file example provided on the NCL webpage
| (http://hydrodictyon.eeb.uconn.edu/ncl/#readerdata), then it works
| well. All the trees are correctly being loaded as phylo4 objects.
|
| I'll try to investigate more to understand the cause of the problem
| and see what we can do.

Cool.  Otherwise 'two thumbs way up' for Ben's suggestion re the unit tests.

We have well over 100 now in Rcpp, but mostly for Romain's new API and am
very slowly catching up for the older API.  What may matter most (RCppParams,
RcppResultSet) is in, I will add more.  May take til 0.7.5 and I will attempt
to get 0.7.4 out this eve so that we get the proper OS X support.