[Phylobase-devl] Summer of Code

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at duke.edu
Mon Mar 16 05:22:34 CET 2009

Hi Phylobase'rs  - I've submitted NESCent's application on Friday,
Google will start reviewing org applications tomorrow, and announce
acceptance decisions on Thursday (March 18), at which point students
may hit the site in large numbers.

It feels odd that there is no Phylobase project idea up there yet - is
there anything I can do to help you decide on worthwhile projects?

Peter - I commend you for volunteering to mentor. If the rest can't
make up their minds ;) what would you be most interested in mentoring?
(I would actually suggest that this play indeed a major if not the
determining role in deciding on the project idea - if you volunteer to
spend your time with a student, at a minimum you should have fun doing
so.)

Keep in mind when students visit the site and they don't find
something they're attracted to (such as an R programming project) they
may not necesarily return to check for changes.

	-hilmar

: Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:- hlapp at duke dot edu :